“Stress is not a disability, but unmanaged stress is a significant factor in a large number of disabling conditions.”
Understanding what the return on investment is and how this process helps reduce costs is important to the program's success. We collate and review data collected relative to disability management costs for benchmarking purposes.
A quarterly report summary will be provided outlining the following:
- Total number of referrals to PDM
- Total number active/closed files
- Department from which the claim has been referred
- Case management status and cost breakdown (including type of disability - duration of file life, RTW start and projected end date and associated costs from onset to closure, as well as costs to date on active files,)
- Category of the referral (i.e. STD/Accommodations/Type of Disability - i.e. physical, psychological, surgical)